yet another blog about computer, technology, programming, and internet

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Why Linux? Why Not?

Thursday, June 05, 2008 Posted by Ismail Habib 15 comments
The Linux Operating System (or should I say GNU/Linux) obviously has become a quite popular alternative to Windows. This site describes 24 advantages of using Linux compared to Windows in a quite eye catching fashion. While some minor point such as "get a great music player" or "keep an eye on the weather" might not be absolutely true, however I mostly agree with most of the description. The information provided is clear, pretty objective (it even mentions some reason why you should stick to Windows), easy to understand, and (this is why I like it so much) simple-yet-deep-enough. Em, am I being contradictive?


If the list is not long enough then I will suggest you to check another 101 reasons why Linux is better than Windows (even though so far it's only 54)... and NO, I'm not a fans of Linux or whatsoever. In fact, after read those articles (and some counter articles) I decide to install Linux on my computer today!

15 comments:

  1. Why not use mac?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not? If you can afford that of course ;)

    Anyway, I always welcome any information related to why Mac is better than Windows or Linux...

    ReplyDelete